This is a longer day tour visiting Kandy and the mountain region of Sri Lanka. Therefore we have to depart early and come back late.
- We will pick you up from the hotel in Negombo at 7 am.
- Then go straight to the Pinnawela Elephant Orphanage, on the way we can visit some rubber and cocoa plantations and pineapple gardens.
- At 08:30 am we will arrive to the Elephant Orphanage, which is the home for many elephants. We can watch elephant bathing, milk feeding, etc. You can take some beautiful photos of that, after 2 hrs at the elephant orphanage we leave again for Kandy.
- On the way we can visit some spice gardens, tea factories and plantations.
- About 12:30 pm we can take a Sri Lanka traditional lunch near the Mahaweli River, which is the longest river in Sri Lanka.
- After the lunch we can visit the Royal Botanical Garden.
- At 03:00 pm we arrive at the Tooth Temple (picture above). After 45 min at the temple you can walk around the Kandy Lake (Kiri Sayura), City center and the fruit market.
- At 05:00 pm we leave Kandy the garden city of Sri Lanka. After a 3 hrs drive we will arrive at Negombo Hotel (around 08:00 pm).
This is a lot of program and a lot of driving for a single day. If you prefer a more relaxed setting, I recommend to arrange a stop-over in or around Kandy itself. See also the day-tour starting from Kandy.